México’s Entry Requirements:
To enter México you need to obtain (provided by your airline, if flying) a Tourist Card (FMT). To get your Tourist Card you will need to prove citizenship, a passport is best for this purpose. Other forms of accepted proof of citizenship include, certified birth certificate, voter’s registration card, naturalization papers or a notarized affidavit of citizenship. A photo ID is is a must, a passport can serve as proof of citizenship and photo ID. Airlines will furnish the Tourist Card. Be sure to save the copy that is returned to you, upon entry, as you must present this copy when leaving México.
Public Phone Charges:
Beware !!!!, of the phones plastered all over some towns, usually on the front of businesses. They are marked “To Call Long Distance to the USA & Canada, Simply Dial 0″ The writing is in black and USA is in blue letters with Canada in red letters. They also have pictures of credit cards on the signs. The phones are put there by a private phone company and are very, very expensive. You will probably faint when you see your phone bill or credit card bill. It is best to purchase Pre-Paid cards or dial 01 800 111-SAVE from any phone in México. You can use this number to make credit card calls or collect calls.
Guadalajara is on Central Time and observes Daylight Savings Time.
Important Telephone Numbers
Tourist Assistance – Toll Free from anywhere in Mexico 01 (800) 903-9200
When dialing the local number from the U.S. or Canada, always dial 011 52 (744) before the number shown.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Police: 060 – 060 485-0650
- Traffic Police: 485-0542
- Fire Dept: 060 – 484-4122
- Ambulance: 060
- Port Captain: 482-3175
- Consumer Affairs: 483-5233
- Private Ambulance: 485-6233
- Hospital del Pacifico: 487-7161 (English Spoken)
- Dr. Omar A. Nava: 485-5959 (English) 24 Hrs.
- Dr. Huitron Amado: 466-1010 (English) 24 Hrs.
- Red Cross: 445-5912
- Regional Hospital: 445-5877 Downtown 24 hrs.
- Farmacia Daisy: 484-7664 (English Spoken)
- Farmacia Trébol: 485-4388 (English Spoken)
- Farmacia HP: 487-7161 (English Spoken)
- American: 469-0556
- Canadian: 484-1305
- British: 484-1650
- Italian: 481-2533
Credit Cards/Travelers Checks
- American Express: 01 (800) 001-3600
- Banamex: (MasterCard – Visa) 01 (800) 366-3100
- Carnet: (MasterCard) 01 (800) 366-3100
- Diners Club: 01 (800) 500-3000
- B of A – Travelers Checks: 01 (800) 700-9500
- Banamex: 483-6425
- Banco Bital: 482-1638
- Bancomer: 484-8055
- Banco Serfin: 484-6100
- Citibank: 484-5356
- Mexican Consulate in Los Angeles….. (213) 351-6800
- Mexican Consulate in San Francisco… (415) 392-2897
- Mexican Consulate in San Diego……. (619) 231-0337
- Guerrero State Tourist Information Office… 481-1168